Vision’s Calix integration promotes intelligent automation and streamlines processes to empower your business to enforce its own business rules. Workflows bolster a company’s ability to follow their own business logic, and the integration with Calix serves as an extension of those individual workflows; eliminating swivel chair management by consolidating all important information in one place.
Workflows automate processes and execute lean practices company-wide. The turn up workflow simplifies the process of onboarding a subscriber with time-based tasks that the system can complete; including equipment provisioning.
The Hardware Configuration display allows you to make immediate changes to the ONT, like editing, removing and resetting the ports. Click on the drop-down menu next to a piece of hardware to view details about the device.
The Warehouse view displays the hardware in a specific warehouse and the subscribers that are tied to that piece of hardware.
The Hardware Display page provides insight on the current location of a piece of hardware, as well as the assigned IP address. It makes it possible to monitor the device to troubleshoot any outages and pinpoint affected subscribers.
The ONT Configuration page displays details about the ONT like the status, signal level, serial number, associated subscriber ID, and response time.
View real-time data like light levels or the connectivity status of a piece of hardware on the Monitoring page.
Each subscriber account page features an Active Services Card that makes important information easy to find. The card displays the subscriber’s IP address, MAC address, hardware specifics, equipment status and monitoring statistics.
Vision Network Integration Details: The following are items to send to the Vision Support Team to get started with integrating Calix with Vision.
Calix SMx Server:
- Publicly accessible domain/ip for SMx server
- Firewall rule to open port. Allowing access to web interface during migration is helpful.
- Vision specific username and password for login use
- Calix SMx setting for Global ONT - globalont, default to true
- Primary-dns-server, can default to google or another (we just need to know what DNS you want to use for when we push ONT config)
- Secondary-dns-server, can default to google or another
Calix Support Cloud:
Instructions for generating API key:
- Login to Calix Support Cloud
- Click your initials in the upper right corner, then Administration
- Click ACS Configuration
- The HTTPS value should be: https://gcs.calix.com:8444
- Provide us with the Username and Password values